Thanks for your interest in the Vimy Victory gardens! We’re excited for the 2021 growing season – our first ever. Please review the responsibilities of the gardeners and the Community Garden Committee before filling out the application. If you know someone interested in gardening, please encourage them to apply.
Click on the link below to access a Garden Application. Applications are due no later than March 15th, 2021. Successful applicants will be notified by March 30,, 2021.
Priority will be given to:
● Improve, protect and maintain the community gardens;
● Host workshops to provide education and training for all community gardeners;
● Communicate regularly with gardeners to identify assets and needs;
● Promote community events held in the gardens in our newsletter and on Facebook;
● Inform community members of City requirements for use of the land.
● Note: The WRA CGC is not responsible for any theft or vandalism that may occur in allotment plot
I, the Community Gardener agree to:
● Be respectful to other gardeners and their families;
● Plant my 4X8’ allotment plot by June 15th, 2019;
● Weed my plot and keep paths clear;
● Pick up garbage and litter in the community gardens;
● Help to maintain the overall appearance of the garden;
● Refrain from using chemicals (pesticides/herbicides) in the allotment and community gardens;
● Attend community garden meetings and work parties;
● Encourage and welcome new folks to become involved and refer them to the WRA CGC to register;
● Clean up my plot by the second week in October and make it tidy for winter and
● Report any incidents of theft or vandalism it to the committee.
Additional rules and conditions pertaining to Allotment Gardeners and our Mission Statement can be found on the Greenspace Committee Page (click on the Community Gardens tab) on the WRA website.
Each individual allotment garden is a 4’X8’ raised bed, and the community plots feature two 4’X16’ raised beds. The garden will also feature a native plant and fruit shrub pollinator garden, a composting station and a locked chest for garden tool storage. Water access and hoses will be provided.
Questions? Contact the Community Garden Committee at email@example.com or call 204-775-7560
If you are interested in reserving a garden plot, fill out a garden application (available in either Word or Adobe format) and then send a completed application to us via email.